Here are the Rules of Time Travel Movies:
- Never watch a time travel movie when you are tired (preferably go back in time to before you were tired);
- Never watch a time travel movie when your kids keep getting out of bed and interrupting you (obviously you will need to have already travelled into the future in order to avoid this eventuality);
- Never watch a time travel the night after you have already burned your brain out by having watched Inception the night before (in this instance, travel back in time to before you watched Inception and it is therefore safe to watch your time travel movie with a fresh brain);
- Never watch a time travel movie while drinking wine (drink the wine anyway, then go back in time to before you drank the wine; then drink some more wine just to be on the safe side);
- Don’t watch time travel movies at all (but if a future version of yourself appears and tells you not to watch any time travel movies, remember it’s perfectly safe to kill that future self–it’s just the past self that you have to run away in screaming terror from).
Now, where was I …?